Wake Forest University uses cell phone numbers of students, faculty and staff to send text alerts during an emergency. Texts will alert the WFU community about the nature of an emergency and may include specific instructions. Wake Alert is not used for general communication, and telephone numbers are stored in a secured location.
Undergraduate students are required to provide their cell phone number.
Faculty, staff, graduate and professional students are encouraged to register. If faculty and staff do not register a cell phone phone number, messages during an emergency will be sent to their office phone. If you do not have a cell phone, please provide a local emergency number.
- Log into the Wake Information Network (WIN) at win.wfu.edu.
- Choose the “Personal” link at the top of the page.
- Under the Personal Information section, choose the link for “Your Personal Information”
- Click on “Change Your Mobile Phone Information” at the bottom of the page and enter your contact information.
- Hit the “Submit my information” button.
For help, contact the Information Systems Service Desk at email@example.com or by phone at 336.758.4357.