Wake Forest University uses cell phone numbers of students, faculty and staff to send text alerts and voice messages during an emergency. Texts will alert the WFU community about the nature of an emergency and may include specific instructions. Your cell phone number will not be used for general communication, and telephone numbers are stored in a secured location.
Undergraduate students are required to provide their cell phone number. The process to update your cell phone number is listed below.
Faculty, staff, graduate and professional students are encouraged to register. If faculty and staff do not register a cell phone number, messages during an emergency will be sent by other methods.
Faculty and Staff — Adding/Updating your cell phone number
- Log into Workday at www.myworkday.com/wfu.
- Choose the “Personal Information” icon under Applications, then choose “Contact Information” under Change. You also can search for “change my contact information” in the search box.
- Click on the “Edit” button.
- Scroll down to “Work Contact Information” and either click the pencil icon to edit a cell-phone number or click the “Add” button under additional phone.
- If you’re adding a phone, choose “Mobile” under Phone Device. Under Details, you can edit the Visibility. Setting it to Private will allow emergency text messages but will hide it from other Workday users.
- Click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
- Click the “Done” button at the bottom of the page.
Students — Updating your cell phone number
- Log into the Wake Information Network (WIN) at win.wfu.edu.
- Choose the “Personal” link at the top of the page.
- Under the Personal Information section, choose the link for “Your Personal Information”
- Select the Personal Information button.
- Navigate to the Phone Number section and click the “Edit” button (a blue encircled pencil) under Mobile.
- Update your phone number and select “Update.”
For help, contact the Information Systems Service Desk at email@example.com or by phone at 336.758.4357.