On Sunday night, April 9, the Winston-Salem Police Department alerted the Wake Forest University Police Department that they had received an anonymous report of shots fired in or near Reynolda Hall. WFUPD responded immediately to investigate the call. No other calls were received by Wake Forest Police regarding hearing or seeing shots fired.
Wake Forest University Police have issued an “All Clear” and will continue to monitor the area.
If you have any information that might be helpful, contact the University Police at 336-758-5591. If you wish to provide information anonymously, do so through “Silent Witness.”
Campus Safety Reminders
- If you feel uneasy or unsafe, go to a safe location and call a friend or the police at 911. University Police offers a safe escort service on campus that is available 24 hours at 336-758-5911.
- The LiveSafe Mobile App allows Wake Forest students, staff, and faculty to have a conversation with University police. It provides direct access to police, 911 emergency services, emergency location sharing, information sharing with quick tips, and a peer-to-peer Safe Walk tool.
- Emergency Blue Light Call Boxes are located throughout campus [PDF Map]. Push the button once to speak with a dispatcher.
- Telephone Boxes are located near some building entrances. Pick up the receiver and dial 911 to reach a dispatcher.
- A list of Personal Safety & Crime Resources is available on the University Police Department website.
Categories: Crime alert